Start your own personal wine collection or add to your established cellar with the help of Friends of Caldera. An impressive variety of bottles will keep you happily swirling, sniffing and sipping all year long. To keep your wine at the perfect temperature, it will be stored in climate-controlled storage facilities at Willamette Wine Storage.
The collection includes 52 bottles of wine, with highlights such as:
– 1998–2003 Silver Oak, Napa Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Flight
– 1999 Villa Gemma Montepulciano d’Abruzzo
– 2007 Jean-Louis Chave Hermitage
– 2009 Montevertine Le Pergole Torte
– 2009 Gérard Raphet Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru
– 2010 Domaine du Galet des Papes à Châteauneuf-du-Pape “Vieilles Vignes” Magnum
– Taittinger Prélude, Grand Cru Brut NV Champagne
– Six months of wine storage at Willamette Wine Storage
Courtesy of Caldera Board of Directors, Custom Wine Marketing, LLC, Myron Redford & Vikki Wetle, Willamette Wine Storage
Get away from it all for a long weekend of hiking, rock climbing or just relaxing at this idyllic family ranch home set near Smith Rock, Oregon. The meandering Crooked River and views of the Cascade Range provide an idyllic backdrop to your getaway. Spend an evening out in Sisters, dining at The Source Weekly’s Restaurant of the Year, Jen’s Garden, with a $100 gift certificate.
– $100 gift certificate to Jen’s Garden
– Long-weekend stay for up to 10
– One bedroom with double bed
– One bedroom with two twin beds
– Four beds in communal front room
– Two beds in outside bunkhouse (best during warm weather)
Based on mutually agreed-upon date. Not available during spring break in March.
Courtesy of Peter Schoonmaker & Megan Brooke, Jen’s Garden
Savor the panoramic views and award-winning wines from Ponzi’s stunning contemporary new winery and tasting room following a tour of their state-of-the-art production facility. You and five guests will soak up the beauty, grace and history of one of Oregon’s oldest and most knowledgeable winemaking families, nestled in the rolling hills of Willamette Valley Wine country, just south of Portland.
Following the tour and tasting, your group will be treated to a seasonally inspired dinner at nearby Dundee Bistro, where food and wine complement each other in a relaxed and artistic atmosphere.
Topping off the package are three bottles of Ponzi Vineyards wine, which you can enjoy in your home to whet your taste buds before the tour and tasting.
– Wine tour and tasting at Ponzi Vineyards for six individuals
– Seasonally inspired dinner at the Dundee Bistro
– Three bottles of Ponzi Vineyards wine
– Limousine transportation to/from vineyards
Based on mutually agreed-upon date. Limousine has service has a six-hour time limit.
Courtesy of the Ponzi Family and Lucky Limousine
From the outback of Australia to Portland, Oregon, an exquisite boutique Yowah matrix opal is the centerpiece of a custom-made pendant designed and created by Trios’ Studio exclusively for Caldera. The pendant exudes bright fire, which is complemented by Mexican fire opal accent stones, surrounded by solid gold elements. “When I looked at this opal, it reminded me of a Caldera with the red-and-orange fire breaking through the crust,” says Deborah Spencer, co-owner of Trios’ Studio. The Yowah opal pendant is supported by an oxidized sterling silver chain, ready to enhance any neckline.
Complementing this necklace is a pair of earrings made of matching oxidized sterling silver with 22K gold and Mexican fire opals. They also have a special feature: they’re adjustable. They can be worn as a simple hoop, dressed up with the dangling opals at one inch, or if you are feeling really exotic, they can be lengthened to two inches. These earrings are the perfect complement to the fiery Caldera necklace.
– Fire opal pendant necklace
– Matching adjustable fire opal earrings
Courtesy of Deborah Spencer & Trios’ Studio
“Picturesque and spectacular. . . experience of a lifetime!”
—Robert Stoll, former guest
Six couples will live like royalty for a week when staying at Kilmartin Hall, an historic manor house located only 15 minutes from the town of Drumnadrochit and Loch Ness. This family home was enlarged and improved in the design of a traditional Scottish Highlands shooting lodge in 1825, and it stands on 50 acres surrounded by lawns and bedded gardens. While at Kilmartin Hall, all meals and beverages are provided and served by the home’s world-class caretakers, William and Margaret. You will also have access to the finest golf courses, castle tours, and traditional bagpipe entertainment. At Loch Ness, you might even catch a glimpse of Nessie herself.
– One-week stay for up to six couples
– Your own private butler, William, and chef, Margaret, to take care of your every need
– Meals, wine and spirits
– Scottish entertainment and sightseeing
– Car rental/taxi and transportation to and from the nearest airport (Inverness)
No airfare provided. Mutually agreed-upon dates based on availability.
Courtesy of Bill & Jane Furman
Host the dinner party of your dreams at Wieden+Kennedy. Designed by Allied Architecture and featured in Portlandia, the Wieden+Kennedy sixth-floor rooftop deck overlooks the city with exquisite views of Mt. Hood, downtown Portland and the surrounding hills. You and your guests will dine on culinary creations provided by the renowned Portland restaurant Andina, famous for its nuevo Peruvian cuisine. Enjoy your own private performance by The von Trapps, the great-grandchildren of the Captain and Maria von Trapp, who are continuing the family musical tradition with flare.
– Dinner and fine wines for 20
– Catered by Andina
– Special performance by The von Trapps
Based on mutually agreed-upon date between September 1 – September 15, 2015.
Courtesy of the Platt Family, owners of Andina, The von Trapps and Wieden+Kennedy
“When in Rome, do as the Romans do.”
Four people will enjoy Roman life for one week while residing in a 1,600-square-foot two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment featured in a New York Times “Great Homes” article. This apartment, located in a 14th-century Roman palazzo, is furnished with oriental rugs over hardwood floors and features fine Italian antiques. During your stay, walk to famous Roman landmarks from the apartment such as: the Piazza Navona, the Spanish Steps and the Vatican.
– Business class airfare for two from Portland to Rome on Delta Air Lines
– One week stay; up to four guests
– Air-conditioned apartment completely equipped with: telephone, dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer, Internet, TV, stereo and all kitchen and linen supplies
Subject to availability from August 1 to August 30, 2015, and January 4 to March 19, 2016. For best choices, schedule this vacation well in advance. The apartment is on the third floor above the street level; there is no elevator.
Courtesy of Barre & Robert Stoll, Delta Air Lines
Original “Wiedenisms” will be yours to savor, along with dinner, as you and nine guests are treated to an intimate evening of food and conversation with chefs Priscilla and Dan, who will prepare a special meal for your party at their beautiful Greenway house in Southwest Portland.
– Dinner and fine wines for 10
Based on mutually agreed-upon date between February 4 and August 31, 2015. Excludes holidays.
Courtesy of Moonflower & Papa Bear